Use of this site is provided by ‘The Tree’ subject to the following Terms & Conditions:
1. Your use constitutes acceptance of these Terms & Conditions at the date of your first use of the site.
2. ‘The Tree’ reserves the rights to change these Terms & Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
3. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
4. This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to ‘The Tree’ are provided “as is” without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will ‘The Tree’ be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
5. ‘The Tree’ does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
6. Copyright restrictions:
- All content published on ‘The Tree’ website is placed under Creative Commons unless otherwise noted and is available for non-commercial use or reuse. Derivatives of the material are allowed under the following CC license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/
- If a work is to be published on an publicly accessible website (such as a news or blog website) that is for-profit, using materials from ‘The Tree’ is allowed, and will not violate the non-commercial terms listed above. However the direct sales of materials created by ‘The Tree’ is not allowed.
- Some documents and photos have been published on this site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not ‘The Tree’). All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs).
7. ‘The Tree’ takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet sites. Other websites that we link to are owned and operated by third parties and ‘The Tree’ has no control over them. The fact that we include links to other websites does not mean that ‘The Tree’ approves of or endorses any other third party website or the content of that website. We accept no liability for any statements, information, products or services that are published on or are accessible through any websites owned or operated by third parties.
8. Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information.
10. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Canada. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Canada.
11. If these Terms & Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.